Tuesday, October 21, 2008

- 3 - @ Sullerpet

I reached Chennai on Sunday afternoon. It was so damn hot when I got down at Chennai Central railway station and it took another hour in the local bus to reach Adayar.

By the time I took a shower and had lunch, it started raining. It rained for the rest of the day and the next too (two days of rain in Chennai.. how rare is that!!). So, all I saw of Chennai was pretty much nothing.

Monday evening I left for Sullerpet. Even though it’s a remote town, the road that connects it to Chennai is the smoothest ever and after a 2 hour bus ride I reached Sullerpet.

The rain has been following me all the way from Chennai, It was raining at CMBT, it was raining when we stopped at a dhaba and it was raining when I got down at Sullerpet....... its still drizzling here :(

I checked into ‘ABC lodge’ (can a name get any simpler?!) at around 10 in the night. I’d like to tell a few incidents that happened along the way, but I am not in the right frame of mind. My neck sprained (yes, once again), and it sprained big time. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. I had planned to visit ‘Nellipat bird sanctuary’ today; forget birds I can’t even look at my own feet.

I applied balm and took pain killers; I am feeling a little better now. Less than 20 hours for the launch and I have a stiff neck; I didn’t see that coming!! If I don’t get better by tomorrow, I’ll have to stay in my room and watch the launch, happening 13km away, on TV. That’s sad…

4 Comments:

Jayakumar said...

+,

Hopefully you will feel better for tomorrow's launch.

I will be there too....

JK

insanely~positive said...

Thanks man... I feel a lot better now... was really pissed in the morning... where are you now?

Anonymous said...

Glad to visit your blog...nice write up!

insanely~positive said...

Thanks Indranee