Tuesday, October 21, 2008

- 4 - Just ten more hours to go.

Amruthanjan balm and a pain killer tablet did work wonder, I feel great now. It stopped drizzling as well. I walked through the crowded streets for over an hour after lunch. I can’t make out a thing what the locals speak. Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada have a lot in common, but Telugu is something else.

I met someone who works for ISRO; he was pretty excited and showed me a list of duties he was supposed to perform prior to the launch. He also told me about the best locations to witness the launch.

You can actually go as far as the front gate of the space center, SHAR, but you won’t get to see much because of the trees. According to him, the best spot is a place called ‘Kudri’. It’s supposed to be a beach and gives you a very good view of the lift off. So that’s where I am planning to go early in the morning.

I can’t wait… :)

3 Comments:

masti magic said...

Did u take any Pictures ? ? ?...If Yes...Then Can u please post then in u Blog...Thanks

Jayakumar said...

+,

Did you get to watch the launch? We started from Chennai only this morning. Camped in front of SHAR. Could see the rocket( or rather the flames) just for a fraction of a second because of clouds. Still great.

JK

insanely~positive said...

@masti...

I haven't taken any pics, but have a video.. will post it

@jk

You shouldn't have gone too close.. I was near that conservators office, had a very good view