Saturday, October 18, 2008

- 2 - So far so good.....

I got my leaves approved and also booked ticket to Chennai for Sunday morning; so far so good… I am planning to spend two days in Chennai with some old friends who are now working there.
I have never been to TN before. I’ve heard that except for the climate and the scarcity of water, it’s a great place to be. This time I can visit Marina beach, Spencer plaza and wherever they are kind enough to take me. Also I can sweat like a pig; I really can’t remember the last time I got drenched in sweat and I kind of miss that. Bangalore has the best climate and that’s one of the reason I am reluctant to go work elsewhere.

I still haven’t figured out how close I can get to the launch site. There is a town called Sullurpeta located just 17km from Sriharikota. It’s 83km from Chennai and can be reached within an hour and half, thanks to the excellent rail service. I am hoping to be there on the third day as early as possible, so that I can talk to the locals and find out the best possible spot to view the launch scheduled on the next day.

So that’s the plan………

What if they abandon the launch for some reason!? I do have some back up plans; but since I am hoping for the best, I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and forget about the alternate plans.

7 Comments:

spicymist said...

awesomeness. ull actually get to watch the launching. n abt that bollywood script comment, if i right that, they'll probably edit the son of butch part. cencor it =))
cheers

Divya Sai said...

wow man that amazing..........do keep some gooooood digi cam, a bak up camera, loads of batteries........even if u forget to put some food wid u :)))

pandeyvivek said...

Great dude! Chandrayan - I has been one of the most awaited events of this year. All the best! I'll hope that you do not need to follow your 'back-up' plans! :)

Post some pics if you capture any!

Mayank Gupta said...

Buddy... Have a good time. I belong to Delhi and 2 weeks back I was in chennai... It was my first trip to south. I went to Tirupati and Kodaikanal from there... Chennai is a nice city... not as hot as we assume... Marina beach is awesome and in the evening (6 to 7PM) you can have the best time.

It is exciting to hear that you would be watching the launch of Chandrayaan-1 live. Do take lots of photographs and share with us...
Enjoy!!!

Tanmay said...

awesome..be sure to post some photos..
p.s wanna link exchange??
www.chelseablues.co.cc

Raj Madhuram said...

Good luck! I've been trying to find the launch viewing info. I'm in Chennai and would be a shame to miss this. I've seen couple of early morning space shuttle launches live in Orlando and they are simply spectacular. If you have more info, please post or send to rmadhuram at yahoo.com. Thanks!

insanely~positive said...

@ everyone above....

Thanks a lot.. I had a great time :)

Check out the video...