Wednesday, October 15, 2008

- 1 - Man with a plan


I was beginning to feel that I stand a better chance of giving birth to triplets than writing a few lines in my blog. Getting to that frame of mind where ideas flow effortlessly was not happening at all. Since I am not the only person in history to experience this, I’ll just stop whining and write about some interesting turn of events.

A couple of days back I was at work reading an online feature on ‘Chandrayaan-1’, India’s first mission to the moon. I have to admit that even though space exploration is one of my favorite subjects, I wasn’t really keeping a track of this particular launch. Then I learned from Google maps that the launch site, Sriharikota was less than 100 Km from Chennai and 300+ Km distance between Bangalore and Chennai didn’t sound too much. That was when it struck me, maybe I could witness the launch LIVE!!

Then there was a sudden rush of adrenalin, an insatiable desire to be there when history will be written. If there is one wish I have now, then it’s to experience the deafening sound and feel the ground vibrating while the rocket thunders away to the sky.

From office I went straight to my friend’s place, the first thing I said as I saw him was
"Do I look like a man with a plan?!"
(I have no idea how that popped out, but I am sure I’ll regret saying that)
“Huh??” He couldn’t make out whether that was a question or a statement.
“I am going to Sriharikota to watch the rocket launch…”
“Huh??” again, this time totally lost.

I needed moral support, so I explained for half an hour how exciting it would be to witness the rocket blast off. I must say I had some success even though I have a feeling that the term ‘man with a plan’ will pop up in many get togethers we will have in the future.

Since the blast off is scheduled on the 22nd, a Wednesday, there is no point trying to persuade any of my friends to tag along, also I don’t think anyone would be interested in traveling all the way to witness something that would, in the best case scenario, barely a minute.

So am all set, and will update my plans in the next post.

2 Comments:

Sucha said...

It does not look like you are not a regualr wrietr :) Great start and fantastic idea of watching it live. All the best in pursuing the dream..Will await your aupdates..

Hopefully your plan will be executed well :)

insanely~positive said...

Thanks Sucha...

So I did watch it live... it was great :)