Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stiff neck..

Boy, a lot of things happened in the past few weeks. A handful of bombs went off quite close to my place, a trip to Munnar and another one to Hogenekkal happened, and saw Heath Ledger pull off an amazing performance as The Joker in Dark Knight...

... I badly wanted to write about these in my blog, but lately I‘ve been at my personal best when it comes to laziness. At night I’ll boot up my laptop with lots of ideas to write about and end up sleeping late night after watching 4-5 episodes of ‘Friends’.


I think the jinx is broken after I sprained my neck. On Friday, early in the morning I stretched my arms trying to reach north and south poles and something snapped in my neck. It was a pretty bad one; even a deep breath sent lightning down my spine. I had to spend a day and half in bed while my roomies took turn in emptying a bottle of Iodex behind my neck.


Lying in bed I managed to watch ‘Superbad’; the movie did justice to its name. I also convinced my room mate about the existence of a free multi gym run by a Christian missionary (what a story!!). I felt like I was living the character 'Verbal' in The Usual Suspects, when my roomie, after a lot of walking around, couldn’t find the gym and called me up.


I feel better now….. I’ll keep you posted :)

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

aha, It was a nice read, really nice. flow was very fine, you're through a writer's block or BloggerBlock hmm.. the ideas keep comming to you but they just dont touch you the right way to jerk you up and pump in you the energy to write :) save the ideas in little notes form to write/expand latter.

How is your neck now though?

alx said...

"Lying in bed I managed to watch ‘Superbad’; the movie did justice to its name."

hilarious

random musings beutifully written

PS-i lose my sleep over "hw i met yo mom"

peter said...

He he he so many thngs happened wid me too in last seven days ..and i wrote them jus like u did .....but mine is a bit longer ...!!

check out when u have time

happy blogging :)

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

!! A bomb went off near my place as well .... about the most exciting thing that has happened there in a hundred years.

Tanmay said...

good blog dude..

Lil Miss Sarcastic said...

hey me too sprained my neck durin my 12 th grade examz..was fun though..everybody fussing around n pampering :D

Sukanya said...

5 bombs weent off here ystrday!!!!
i hope ur feelin better now..??

insanely~positive said...

@ everyone...

thanks a lot people, am a perfectly ok now... i can turn my head like an owl without a problem :)

Vinayak said...

very nice post
keep blogging...

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

"I managed to watch ‘Superbad’; the movie did justice to its name."

You have a subtle, yet pretty good humor sense. Hope you have fully recovered from the sprain in your neck. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope ur neck is fine now :)