Friday, June 6, 2008

Greenpeace

.
Here you go, my fourth blog and the only one which can be traced back to me (easy... will explain all that someday)

It was World Environment day yesterday and I bumped into a Greenpeace guy at office. He along with a few other Greens were there to spread awareness and also get support for Greenpeace activities. He started talking about Olive Ridley turtles, Whaling in Japan, Rainbow Warrior et all. Finally he popped a question at me,

"What do you think about genetically modified crops?"

"I think they are good" I replied

"Why so?"

"Coz people are not goint to stop making babies, and there has to be a way to feed them all"

He knew I would say that. He then explined about how GM crops can corrupt the entire ecology by messing up other plant genes through pollination and other means, which in turn would affect other creatures.

Shoot, I never thought about it.

It didn't take him much effort to get me signed up as a volunteer for Greenpeace. So next time they plan anything, am gonna be right in the front line :)
.

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

Hey!!

Well, yeah you bet even I didn't know about the 'bad effects' of GM crops!!

Am searching for Greenpeace activity centre in my area..

Though I already belong to the eco club of my college!!!
Thanx!!


www.dark-gal.blogspot.com